Name:

Daughter of the Almighty. Wife. Sister. Friend. I love... Color. Cooking. Vegetarianism. Fitness. Hiking. Incense. Trees. Compassion for every living thing. Traveling. Whole and Organic Food. Tea. Dirt. Sunflowers. Bare feet.SNOW. Imagining. Yoga. Wandering. Farmers Markets. LIVING SIMPLY so others can SIMPLY LIVE.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My view from the couch

Yes, after sitting in my sick bed for almost a week I am sad to say little progress has been made on the feeling better front. I have been trying to go to at least one of my jobs every day but have slowly hit the wall and have come crashing back down on my couch.  Unfortunately, it is hard to rest my voice when I have 35-40 screaming kindergarden-1st graders that I have to talk over daily (especially when the room leader, too, is sick and at home). Oh the job is fun; however, it is really unrealistic to follow doctors orders for getting better when she tells me "well just stop talking for a couple of day" HA! Not intended towards the doctor of course but at myself for failing at this before I began (oh yes I forgot to mention that my voice has escaped me since last Friday and I am not quite sure where it went to). So in leu of not dying from boredom these past couple of days, here is what I have been up to (and what I think of it):

*Getting rid of all refugee Christmas decorations
Yes they were still up until a couple of days ago and now my house is *gasp* bare. I will share pictures in a later post but it was some sort of small accomplishment to box up our tree (fake) and store away the Santa toilet seat (don't ask).

*Watching the BBC America version of The Office
Less funny and more crude, still maybe it is less funny because I am not British and cannot understand everything they are saying. The show really is entertaining however the character development is really lacking. I really have no clue who some of the people in the office are and could really care less if Tim and Dawn (their version of Jim and Pam) get together.
*Reading
I am in-between two books right now 
 First is Radical Womanhood. I was very excited to get this book when it came out but lately I cannot seem to pick it up to finish it. Do not get me wrong, the book has very good points over feminism and the Christian faith (something that I am usually very cynical and picky about because feminism was thrown down the throats of the Comms. Dept. at CSUN and to tell the truth, most Christian writers bash the movement without knowing anything about it so just end up rolling my eyes and skipping to the next chapter) however, the book is a little on the unoriginal side, meaning half of every page is taken up by quotes from another author or scholar. She is CLEARLY a very intelligent woman on the matter which is why I am having trouble with the writing.

 Second book I just started last night and LOVE! It is called Eat Pray Love and I can tell just from just the first 60 pages why it was on NY #1 Bestselling list for so long. It is a book about this women's journey to find spiritual Nirvana while still living IN the world. And may I say, she has one of the most developed voices as an author that I have real in a long time. While this book is not informative in any Christian or spiritual sense (well at least so far), it is really something that I would HIGHLY recommend.


Of course I have been up to other things like coughing, sneezing, sounding like a man, and making the occasional chili and cookies (I CRAVE sweets when I am sick... aannd when Im not sick :)) nevertheless I do not want to bore you all with how many packages of throat lozenges I have (4) and what time I got to bed last night because my throat was swollen (3am). 
Until next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the Radical Womanhood book sounds great...but I don't know if you need any help becoming a totally awesome, radical woman! Hehehe!

Feel better soon! Eat jalapenos...they always make me breathe easier ;)

January 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home